This post is a part of a post chain started by a colleague and a friend of mine – Ido Schacham. The purpose is to share our favorite development tools.
The rules are simple:
- Copy-paste the rules.
- List your favorite tools, libraries, and services for web development.
- List obvious ones as well, they may not be obvious to others.
- Tag other web dev bloggers and let them know.
- Link back to the post that tagged you.
Below are my favorite development tools:
- H5BP (HTML5 Boilerplate) – An awesome front end base-template, provides the tools to build a web application with modern technologies.
- Initializr – Allows you to easily create your favorite mixture of H5BP, Bootstrap and some other libraries and services.
- jQuery – This one is pretty obvious, dramatically simplifies HTML and CSS manipulations, Ajax interactions, events handling, animations, etc.
- Lithium – My favorite PHP framework, based on PHP 5.3, extensive yet lightweight and well tested.
- Humans.txt – This isn’t really a development tool, but a nice way to leave your mark on your recent project.